- Consider: “to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision; contemplate; reflect on.”
- Grandeur: “the quality or state of being impressive or awesome, lofty or elevated in conception or treatment, exalted in some deliberate way.”
Consider His Grandeur
- “In the beginning God…” God is the Uncaused Cause, without beginning, has always been; He is eternal.
- “…God created….” God alone is the Creator; decisive and purposeful in all His creation.
- “Then God said…” God speaks and amazing things happen! The whole of the universe is created! He created EVERYTHING out of NOTHING. He needs no assistance, no supplies…He has only to speak and it is so!
- “…and God saw that it was good.” God assessed His creation and it received His stamp of approval. Because God is good, His creation is also good.
God is indeed most impressive and awesome! He is beyond our ability to comprehend; He is lofty and elevated, high and lifted up. But He has revealed to us much about Himself; in Genesis 1 we see Him as Eternal, Creator, All-Powerful and Good.
As we consider His Grandeur, how should we respond?
- Bow our knee in humble submission. He alone is the great and glorious Creator God.
- Intentionally listen to Him through His Word; remember amazing things happen when He speaks!
- Worship and obey Him. He alone is worthy, for He alone is good.
- Deliberately assess our thoughts and actions that He may be exalted in and through our lives.
The more we see Him in His Grandeur we cannot help but respond! Today may we live in a way that is reflective of His Grandeur. “He must increase, but I must decrease,” (John 3:30).