“Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” 3 Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” [8:2-3]
Oh, can you hear His voice today? To any, and all, who come, He beckons to His very Words of Life, “I am willing.” Oh that His Words would resonate above all other competing voices; “I am willing”!
Consider Him Who Is Willing
Willing to heal a leper, He is accessible. [8:1-5]
Willing to heal a centurions’ servant, He marvels at great faith. [8:6-13]
Willing to heal Peter’s mother in law, He knows our needs. [8:14-17]
Willing to explain the cost of following Him, He exposes man’s intentions. [8:18-22]
Willing to calm the raging sea, He intervenes, even for those of little faith. [8:23-27]
Willing to cast out demons, He has authority over the supernatural. [8:28-32]
Willing to leave when asked, He does not force Himself on any, but responds to free will. The herdsmen ran away, and went to the city and reported everything, including what had happened to the demoniacs. And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus; and when they saw Him, they implored Him to leave their region. [8:33-34]
How do we respond to Him Who Is Willing?
- Boldly come, just as we are. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. [Romans 5:8]
- Trust His authority to intervene on our behalf. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. [Matthew 28:18]
- Find courage and comfort that He knows all our needs. …for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. [Matthew 6:8]
- Count the cost and rely on His strength to follow Him. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. [Philippians 4:13]
- Expect His peace in the midst of the storms. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. [John 14:27]
- Understand the battle is not flesh and blood; we conquer through Him and His love. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God… [Ephesians 6:12-13] But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. [Romans 8:37]
- Invite Him to stay! We have a choice to cooperate with His work in our lives; or resist Him, in effect, asking Him to leave. When it’s tough, when He penetrates the areas of our life that have gotten comfortable, and it hurts, embrace His work. He is willing to change us…let Him! Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word…71 It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. [Psalm 119:67, 71]
“Oh Lord, Jesus, how we desire You to work in our lives. Cleanse us, heal us, reveal our intentions. Teach us to trust Your leading and provision as we face the onslaught of storms and the enemy. Please, Lord, have Your way in us; grow us, that You might also see and hear our faith, oh Lord, that we too might give You cause to marvel.”
Let’s Grow Together!