“Who is like You among the gods, O Lord?
Who is like You, majestic in holiness,
Awesome in praises, working wonders?” (15:11).
Awesome: “extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.”
Praises: “the expression of approval or admiration for someone or something.”
The Song of Moses is consumed with only One. Only One inspires. Only One is admired and feared. Nothing regarding the failings of the people is revisited. Only the recounting of His wonders, His holiness, His power and His presence are in view; and a song of praise erupts to Him Who Is Awesome in Praises.
Consider Him Who Is Awesome in Praises
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He is highly exalted.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He is our strength and our song.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He has become our salvation.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He is our God.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He is a warrior.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He is majestic in power.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He shatters the enemy.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He overthrows those who rise up against Him.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He is majestic in holiness, working wonders.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He leads the people He has redeemed.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He makes the peoples tremble.
- He Is Awesome in Praises; He plants us in the place of His presence, His sanctuary.
- He is Awesome in Praises; He will reign forever and ever.
- He is Awesome in Praises; He is highly exalted.
How do we respond to Him Who Is Awesome in Praises?
Praises magnify Him, not because He is deficient and in need of man’s validation. It is our finite minds desperately in need of expansion, to be stretched beyond the obstacles, challenges, fears and pain; to look up, away from self, to Him Who Is Awesome in Praises.
- Let us intentionally expand our thoughts to daily praise Him.
- “Praise the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant and praise is becoming,” (Psalm 147:1).
- “It is good to give thanks to the Lord
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning
And Your faithfulness by night,
3 With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp,
With resounding music upon the lyre.
4 For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands,” (Psalm 92:1-4).
- “Praise the Lord!
- Testing often follows the mountaintops. “There He made for them a statute and regulation, and there He tested them,” (15:25). When faced with trials, will we rise above by choosing to remember and recount His wonders through praise, or sink into the quicksand of grumbling? Let us daily develop the practice of intentional praise. Praise equips us for the valleys, lifting us to the place of praise perspective; the privileged place to be planted in His presence and admire Him Who Is Awesome in Praises.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things,” (Philippians 4:8 NIV).