Originally posted: 01/03/2019
Grace: “The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.”
This chapter – The Fall – there is so much, and so much people often try to dispute. Many attempt to discount the reality of Adam and Eve in the garden through evolution. Genesis 1 refutes evolution.
Often we don’t think it’s fair; just because Adam and Eve blew it we all have to suffer the consequences. I confess I used to feel like that. But one day it hit me. God’s creation produces “after their kind,” (Genesis 1: 11, 12, 21, 24, 25).
When God created man, we were made after His kind, in His image. But when Adam and Eve rebelled and chose their own way over God’s will, they became sinners. Every human born after that (which is all of us), would be born “after their kind.”
But now, let’s Consider His Grace!
- His Grace gave us freedom to choose rather than forced allegiance, (Genesis 2:15-17).
- His Grace sought Adam and Eve out even when they had rebelled and were hiding from His presence. He continuously and relentlessly seeks us out, (3:8-9).
- His Grace provided an opportunity to admit to their guilt, even though they stringently played the blame game, (3:11-13).
- His Grace put His plan of redemption into action – the promise of the One Who would come and bruise the enemy’s head, even way back then! (3: 15).
- His Grace covered their nakedness with garments of skin, a graphic illustration of the necessity of blood to cover our sin, (3:21).
- His Grace removed them from the Garden, so that they would not eat from the tree of life and live in an eternal state of separation from the LORD God, (3:22-23).
As we consider His amazing Grace, how should we respond?
- Be honest about our sin. Confession means to agree with God about our sin and not try to put the blame elsewhere or cover it up by our own “fig leaves”.
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, (1 John 1:9).
- Accept His offer of grace provided in Jesus Christ alone. We cannot cover our own sin. Only the blood of Jesus shed on the cross can pay the due penalty of our sin.
- In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, (Ephesians 1:7).
- Receive His grace, the gift of forgiveness, salvation and eternity in His Presence through faith in Jesus!
- For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; (Ephesians 2:8).
- Worship Him today with hearts and lives of gratitude, for His Grace is truly amazing!
- Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship, (Romans 12:1).