Originally posted: 05/30/2019
Now when Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with Him, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim, so He spoke to him, (7:89).
The children of Israel had just heard the most astounding words any human ears had ever heard… His blessing, (Numbers 6:22-27). His pledged assurance, for their present and their tomorrows, was bestowed upon those who bore His Name, and the pageantry of gratitude begins.
Twelve spectacular days of ceremony in response to His faithfulness, goodness and grace ensue. Each tribe brings their gifts, twelve identical offerings of faith and worship. There is no attempt at one-upping one another, for the LORD is the only One to be uplifted, He alone is their sole focus, their Guest of Honor, the One to Whom all praise is due.
And afterwards, the most incredulous and miraculous event occurs. Moses enters into the tent of meeting and “he heard the voice”… His Voice of Validation.
Consider His Voice of Validation
The LORD was there waiting for His servant, and “he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim, so He spoke to him,” (7:89).
His Voice of Validation confirmed His approval of the people’s offerings.
His Voice of Validation endorsed Moses as the people’s mediator
His Voice of Validation established communion with His people.
How do we respond to His Voice of Validation?
There in the Holy of Holies: from above the place where the atoning sacrifice was offered; from the place His holy, revered Word was held; from the midst of the heavenly beings; His Voice of Validation was heard.
The Father’s Voice of Validation continues to be heard today: from Him, our atoning sacrifice; from Him, the Word Who became flesh beheld by men; from Him Who left heaven’s beauty to make His abode with man.
- His Voice of Validation confirms His approval of His Son’s offering.
- and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-please,” (Matthew 3:17).
- By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all, (Hebrews 10:10).
- His Voice of Validation endorses Jesus as the only mediator.
- For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5).
- But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises, (Hebrews 8:6).
- His Voice of Validation establishes communion with His people.
- Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him,” (John 14:23).
- …what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ, (1 John 1:3).
As we continue to seek the LORD throughout the Old Testament, we see His gracious provision for our forgiveness and fellowship through the atoning sacrifices offered, pointing to the time atonement would be perfectly accomplished by Jesus Christ on the cross.
It is by faith in Jesus alone we are forgiven of our sin and able to enjoy communion with the Father. Such perfect mercy, validated by His sinless life, crucifixion and resurrection, has obtained life eternal for all who believe.
Let us humbly open His Word and come into His Presence daily that we may we also hear His Voice of Validation. And because human words are simply incapable of describing the magnitude of His pledged blessing through Jesus, may our very lives become a pageantry of ceaseless gratitude and communion.
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15).
Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus, (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).